Through the harmonization of global agricultural standards GLOBAL G.A.P. encourages sustainable agriculture and the minimization of the use of agro-chemicals to benefit farmers, retailers and consumers. It’s recognized as a leading farm assurance program, translating consumer requirements into Good Agricultural Practice in over 120 countries and includes the requirements for safe food that is produced.
Intended to meet compliance requirements and drive greater efficiency in production, improve business performance and reduce waste of vital resources, Global G.A.P. certification can cover:
- Food safety and traceability
- Environment (including biodiversity)
- Workers’ health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
- Includes Integrated Crop Management (ICM), Integrated Pest Control (IPC),
- Quality Management System (QMS), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Certification to GLOBALG.A.P. will demonstrate your commitment to Good Agricultural Practices with the added benefits of:
- Adding value to your products by complying with a globally recognized standard
- Facilitating access to new local and global customers, markets, suppliers and retailers
- Reducing your exposure to food safety and product safety reputational risks
- Improving the efficiency of farm processes and management
- Encouraging environmentally sustainable farming practices
- Providing access to a secure online certification database that can be used to check producers and validate certificates.